Monday’s Memory Verse: 1 & 2

Clearly, this post was intended to go live on Monday… but life happens and sometimes things get done later than expected. So here we are.

As I was thinking about my “One Word” choice for this year, I was thinking, “What do I know brings about steadiness? What can I do or practice that will help me to realize the greatest form of steadfastness?”

Memorizing scripture.

Thanks to a little inspiration from Pinterest, I have decided to memorize one verse a week and every Monday I will post the verse here on the blog and ask you to join me in the pursuit of learning to be steady with the greatest tool we have been given: The Word of God.

Since this week is technically the second week of the new year, I’ll be memorizing two verses and playing a little catch-up.

You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble, you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

I sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears… The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him. Psalm 34:4

This weeks prayer: “God, grant me ears to hear your shouts of deliverance over me and give me eyes to see you encamped around me. Teach me to fear you.”

If you would like to join me and memorize either the scriptures that I will be posting or others that the Lord leads you to, please be sure to let me know. I would like to be praying for you as we journey together.

10 responses to “Monday’s Memory Verse: 1 & 2”

1. Mary Dunn says:

I am in! I would love to (attempt) memorize scripture so that I have it available to apply.
    I have been thinking about a ‘word’ for 2013 and haven’t settled on one; although the word ‘wait’ keeps coming to mind. I do not like that word so I don’t want to use it, then again maybe me not liking it makes it the perfect word!
    Waiting can help me rest. Waiting can keep me from rushing ahead of God’s will for me. Waiting can allow doors to open so I do not have to push them open! OK, I’ll jump in with ‘wait’…..2013 here I come!

• admin says:

I think “Wait” is a wonderful choice! Perhaps not the easiest to put into practice, but if it doesn’t challenge you, then you won’t grow. Way to go!

2. Kirk Winter says:

Count me in. Love this idea! I’m memorizing Colossians 2:6-7 this week.

3. Brianne "roomie" McKoy says:

I LOVE this post and this idea!! Thanks for sharing this, mere!

A few months ago a friend shared this video with me about memorizing scripture. It’s part of a sermon from John Piper. It rocked my world. I think it goes along with exactly what you are doing!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ph6zKxJDk

Enjoy luv and thanks for your heart!

4. Cheryl Turner says:

Pursuit that is my word for the year….just delivered a Bible Study on the Pursuit of Excellence in our Christian walk…….not perfection as the world tries, but excellence , as in mirroring our Lord and Savior in every deed, thought and word……will never attain it, so the word Pursuit, meaning on going challenge….if I mess up today, I’ll try hard to achieve what ever goal or challenge I’m seeking and do better the next day. There is no condemnation for that are in Christ.
    This is a good thing you are doing Meredith….you never cease to amaze me in your helping others be better….I adore you… You chose some great scriptures….stay steady sweet lady…take deep breathes after anything shakes you and steady yourself and pursue excellence. You have everything it takes to get there.

5. Cheryl Turner says:

Sorry, left out a word…no condemnation for those that are in Christ…

6. Sarah says:

I love this idea and how it’s bringing you closer to your word

7. SarahK says:

YES! I will also make this attempt. Historically speaking, I kinda stink at memorizing scripture, but I would love to come along side you and others as we try to do this together 🙂 Steady on!